Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pizza Roll-Ups


adapted from Let's Dish

Ingredients

Pizza Dough (you can make your favorite pizza dough recipe or cheat like I did and go to your nearest grocer's bakery and ask for uncooked french bread. Roll out 1 loaf of dough into a rectangle, and follow directions below. I used 2 loaves of bread dough for this recipe. I got 12 pizza rolls out of each loaf, so a total of 24 rolls). Served this as a meal with garden salads. It would also make a great appetizer!

1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons basil
1 cup sliced pepperoni, chopped
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (I didn't have this on hand and they were still delicious!)

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Divide pizza dough in half. Roll each half into a rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick and 12 inches long. Sprinkle each half with equal amounts of garlic salt, basil, cheeses and pepperoni. Starting at a short end, roll dough up tightly to form a log. (Just like you are making cinnamon rolls). Slice into 1-inch pieces. Each rectangle should give you about 12 rolls. Place rolls on lightly greased baking sheets. I brushed my rolls at this point with a little melted butter. It made them very soft and delicious, but the tops looked pale. I will continue making them this way though, as the taste was fabulous. Bake for 10 minutes or until browned on top. It took 12 minutes in my oven. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping. (I used Ragu).

No comments:

Post a Comment